Search the forum,

Discuss Small floor large tile layout question in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi guys, im doing a small downstairs cloakroom with 600 x 600 terrazzo tiles. I cant decide on the layout. The width is just under 1.1m so i can either go 1 grout line up the middle with small cuts on 1 side of each tile or 1 full tile up the middle with a cut tile on each side. Has anyone done a small.area like that with a large tile that could advise what looks best. I'm not a tiler so I dont have much experience.

I have attached a sketch for reference

Thanks

Attachments

• 20220728_191404.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 23
Reaction score
I have provided 4 different symmetrical options bases on your drawing (estimating dimensions of walls). If you go for non-symmetrical then the options are limitless. It is important to position a full-ish tile at the doorway/entrance....
I know this is a very simple room layout but if you was interested you could investigate (for FREE) the different layout options in a few seconds using ProtoTILER.
Thanks for the detailed response!
The room is approx 1.1 in width and 1.53 in length. I suppose the layout I went with was going to determine my method of cut. If it was your image 2 I would scribe and grind the slim cut. If I went with image 3 I would use the sigma .
I still get really nervous slim cutting 600's so I tend to play it safe and grind. Because they are terrazzo I would prefer a more seamless look I think but like to hear a professional opinion.

Reply to Small floor large tile layout question in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen