Search the forum,

Discuss Slip Rating For Floor Tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
SLIP RATING FOR FLOOR TILES IN THE UK

image.jpg
image.jpg

Floorslip.co.uk recommnds minimum ptv36 as Ray has said before now. But actually it perhaps should be more than that?

Who else is clued up on this?

Last edited:

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I had a nightmare with this last year, client was insisting on a certain type of tile and wouldn't listen about safety aspects. It was on a slope directly off the pavement into a shop, I had to get all this info to show them and eventually convince them to change it otherwise I was walking away.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd never even heard of the pendulum test until Ray said it. So perhaps something others need to get clued up on the slip rating for floor tiles too.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've just read the other thread about this and I made that mistake too, went back with all the R ratings then found out that's a waste of time and had to find out all the PTV's

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
And if you're to over engineer a little like everything else in the tiling world (cutter breakers, tile adhesives and grouts, tile sealers etc) then you want PTV38 or PTV 40 ish.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

well had a tile shop ask me to check a tile speced for a hotel project had R10 rate tested it for them it came out bang on ptv 36 .but other R10 have been as low as ptv 20 so i have no trust in the R rating .

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
ptv 36 1 in a million . to bring things into balance friday night out of a million people 10% get drunk spend the rest of the night falling over thats 100 thousand people .
Sorry I got those the wrong way round didn't I!

You want the 1 in a million or even less.

The 1 in 100,000 is what you don't want. As you say.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

i would say the same number /the higher values are more to deal with floors that will due to work being carried out suffer high contamination every day ie garage work shops .restarant kitchens .

Reply to Slip Rating For Floor Tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen