Search the forum,

Discuss Slc Method, My Way - How To Use Self Levelling Compound Properly in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I have posted this type of slc method before, just thought I would repeat it if I have got the pics right, dots set by laser runners made from 3-1 compo plus polymer and rapid set adhesive.

now1.jpg now2.jpg now3.jpg now4.jpg

D

Dougs Third Go

I find I'm doing it in "bays" more these days Phil,,after looking at some pics you posted once:thumbsup:

S

Spud

i use 150 x 150 white wall tiles cut into 50 mm strips and and use these for level screeds when latexing like your method Phil :thumbsup:

T

Cheers Doug, my way of forming the bays is to set dots with laser to FFL less tile and adhesive, so dots are the bed, I then fill in between the dots using 3-1 compo with the rapid set and polymers, these runners once gone off can be flooded with slc forming perfectly flat bays/floors,

One tip for anyone trying this for the 1st time, when your dots have set lay the compo in between the dots, then use a Stabila level to form a nice runner, (always wet the level) cut off the excess compo from the sides and slide the level off leaving a nice neat runner.

Once the runner or screed has set you can flood the bay with slc and fill with the help of a feather edge. hope this makes sense, and maybe helps someone.:thumbsup:

T

i use 150 x 150 white wall tiles cut into 50 mm strips and and use these for level screeds when latexing like your method Phil :thumbsup:

Much like the old Semi-dry screed method Gary, sometimes the old ways don't go away.:thumbsup:

Reaction score
I have been screeding outside last week Phil with 3-1 sand and cement and waterproofer laid into a slurry of SBR & OPC , i always lay strip's of screed and then rule -off to them works great every time !, But i have never used' it for SLC , so if i need to, i will use THE PHIL HOBSON method :hurray: from now on mate thanks Dave :thumbsup:

S

Spud

I have been screeding outside last week Phil with 3-1 sand and cement and waterproofer laid into a slurry of SBR & OPC , i always lay strip's of screed and then rule -off to them works great every time !, But i have never used' it for SLC , so if i need to, i will use THE PHIL HOBSON method :hurray: from now on mate thanks Dave :thumbsup:
I always seem to pull dips in to my work when i run screed channels and am more comfortable using wooden laths when screeding but i only screed 2-3 jobs a year and tend to drop lay when fixing with sand and cement do you have any tips to stop me cutting into my level screeds when ruling off ?

Diggy

TF
Reaction score
Once the runner or screed has set you can flood the bay with slc and fill with the help of a feather edge. hope this makes sense, and maybe helps someone.:thumbsup:

Out of interest , when you say fill with a feather edge , do you mean flood first , let set , then finish with the FE?

Diggy

Diggy

TF
Reaction score
I always seem to pull dips in to my work when i run screed channels and am more comfortable using wooden laths when screeding but i only screed 2-3 jobs a year and tend to drop lay when fixing with sand and cement do you have any tips to stop me cutting into my level screeds when ruling off ?

Same as me , I use doorstops on top of bankers around the edge if i do a S&C screed - which hasn't been for a while - .Without the doorstop , I think if you tamp your bankers in a bit more , making them a bit more solid and try not to lean on the straight edge , also try taking a bit less off each pull.

Diggy

D

Dougs Third Go

when you're doing a sand and cement screed Dave, what do you use to screed off?, I've accrued a few various lengths of scaffold tubing over the years (straight!) and I find them superb for screeding off.

Reply to Slc Method, My Way - How To Use Self Levelling Compound Properly in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen