Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing cracked tile - slope on subfloor in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi All.

I am replacing a cracked tile (porcelain 60x60). However I have noticed the subfloor is sloped slightly, the adhesive that was on before was a lot thicker at the bottom of the tile then the top so I don't think its recent movement.

What is the best way of dealing with this? Should i use a larger notched trowel at the the bottom then the top?!?

Thanks

IMG_20210320_153026447.jpg

IMG_20210320_151534267.jpg

IMG_20210309_193024133.jpg

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Is this a project that you tiled originally? the cracks in the tile reflect almost perfectly the crack in the subfloor. If you are repairing your own work fair enough but if you are doing a repair on an old job you should be really careful about covering yourself against buying the liability if it cracks again. Just my thoughts.

Reaction score
No, I am just a DIY-er. The tile was cracked on the floor when I bought the house last year. Starting to annoy me now!

Can I layer the adhesive up to fill the gap at the bottom?

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
No, I am just a DIY-er. The tile was cracked on the floor when I bought the house last year. Starting to annoy me now!

Can I layer the adhesive up to fill the gap at the bottom?
Just bed the tile on a solid bed of adhesive, you’ve inherited what looks like a Dot and Dabbed installation, the cracked tile was probably impact damage from something dropped.

Reply to Replacing cracked tile - slope on subfloor in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen