Search the forum,

Discuss Removing Grout Stains From Encaustic Cement Tile in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

andy-p

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Fixed 15m2 of handmade encaustic cement tiles supplied by the Cement tile shop and like a complete jackass went and grouted tiles before sealing , after cleaning up saw that tiles were stained then checked suppliers website only to find out seal before grouting , is there a cleaning product that would remove or i will they need mechanicaly polished ? any help would be much appreciated .

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Getting a few of these at the moment, finicky things!!!!!

You could try a non acidic residue remover, we have lithofin power clean, this is a light alkaline, others makes avalible,
Try it 1-1 or even neat with a white pad, test one tile unlaid first then one tile laid,
All about the test, let test dry if all ok work small sections
I have been testing neat power clean and a green pad on these tiles removing black grout from these tiles , but!!!! A green pad can change the surface finish on some makes of tile, but did in a few cases remove the contamination.
Might be worth picking one up . With the white if you don't
If this works , leave the tile 7-9 days or until fully dry before you impregnate with your chosen product.

andy-p

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi , update here , tried various cleaners including the lithofin power sripper but the grout was too ingrained
Only solution was too rub the tiles down with diamond pads and plenty water , hard work but job done and a happy client , probably easier done with a grinder polisher but got there in the end
Thanks for help BOB...

Reply to Removing Grout Stains From Encaustic Cement Tile in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen