Search the forum,

Discuss Quartz and under floor heating in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

F

Flintstone

Alright chaps,

Had a call about a job which I have to quote,
Not got the full info until tonight but what I have is, 35 sq m, multi room, quartz. Also there's ufh wants fitting first, they apparently have all the materials supplied by tile giant. I'm getting more info tonight. New build onto concrete.
Question is, I don't recall ever fitting quartz before so I know about the adhesive but does this require a decoupler, and where should I be with the pricing for laying based on I would be in at £30 per m for porcelain unless they were really large

F

Flintstone

Having just looked on tile giant website, most of the quartz tiles are around £70 per meter

O

Old Mod

Check suitability of Quartz for UFH!
A lot isn't.
Not done a lot myself and never with ufh.
If memory serves, only Gulf Stone is suitable pretty much.
And a two part adhesive, no water.
Happy to be corrected tho.

F

Flintstone

Could be tricky finding out the suitability via tile giant! But that's some good info mate cheers.

O

One Day

Assuming it's man made quartz, it cuts very easily wet. Tile giant is unlikely to be selling quality though, so if I was taking this job I'd want a written confirmation of suitability with ufh.
I've seen way too many dished due to heat.

Q

Qwerty

Ive done a few quartz jobs, and one was over elec ufh (only 100w). Those tiles were from Tile Giant too. I used Tilemaster rapid Setaflex with their flexible additive over Ditra. Been absolutely fine.
I can't help but feel that some failures are due to cranking heat up on 150w mats (& water ufh) too soon and/ or using incorrect adhesives. Don't get me wrong, some quartz are totally unacceptable for ufh which is why I specced lower wattage with the tile giant tiles.

F

Flintstone

Some food for thought here guys, I'll ask them to email me over all the bumf from tile giant and deffinately ask them for some confirmation of suitability. So if it is suitable, would tilemaster crack may suffice? Also, it's a new build, concrete floor, what's the situation with drying times with concrete when considering what there proposing

Reply to Quartz and under floor heating in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen