Search the forum,

Discuss Quartz and under floor heating in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

F

Flintstone

Alright chaps,

Had a call about a job which I have to quote,
Not got the full info until tonight but what I have is, 35 sq m, multi room, quartz. Also there's ufh wants fitting first, they apparently have all the materials supplied by tile giant. I'm getting more info tonight. New build onto concrete.
Question is, I don't recall ever fitting quartz before so I know about the adhesive but does this require a decoupler, and where should I be with the pricing for laying based on I would be in at £30 per m for porcelain unless they were really large

Q

Qwerty

Ive done a few quartz jobs, and one was over elec ufh (only 100w). Those tiles were from Tile Giant too. I used Tilemaster rapid Setaflex with their flexible additive over Ditra. Been absolutely fine.
I can't help but feel that some failures are due to cranking heat up on 150w mats (& water ufh) too soon and/ or using incorrect adhesives. Don't get me wrong, some quartz are totally unacceptable for ufh which is why I specced lower wattage with the tile giant tiles.

Reply to Quartz and under floor heating in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen