Search the forum,

Discuss Phil Hobson SLC Dot and Runner Method in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post here in an amazing forum where I have learned so much. I've used SLC a few times in the past but have loads of levelling to do in my 60s bungalow where the floors have dropped. I'm using Arditex Na in two layers with DPM1C in the middle.

I can see why Phil Hobson is described as legendary and it's sad thatcsomeone as skilled as he was passed away so young.

I've beern trying to use his dot and Runner SLC method as described in various posts here but I not clear what he was using for the runner mix. He describes it as:

'Runners set with laser, formed with polymer sand/ cement/ sbr/ rapid set adhesive, concoction.'

My questions are:

1. What is polymer sand. Is this the same as polymeric sand (jointing or paving sand)?

2. What would the rapid set adhesive be, a rapid set tiling adhesive? Would this be used as a bonding primer for the runners or is this some tiling adhesive mixed in?

I've used this method once with a normal 3:1 sand cement screed mix with SBR and accelerator but it's a bit of a rough finish. I'd be really grateful for any help.

Reply to Phil Hobson SLC Dot and Runner Method in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen