Currently reading:
Patchy Kerakoll 02 Grout

Discuss Patchy Kerakoll 02 Grout in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

PJS

Hi All

We have just paid a small fortune for our bathroom to be refitted and completly tiled all walls. The tiler (which was employed by the plumber that we employed) used Kerakoll grout in 02 (light grey) colour.

Unfortunately the grout has dried extremely patchy over the entire bathroom and has ruined the look.

The tiler has said that the issue is either the grout or that the tiles contain recycled content which has led to uneven drying of the grout. Topps Tiles that supplied the tiles have said that the Attingham Mist tiles do not contain recycled material.

Does anyone have any ideas what might have caused this and how to overcome the issue? Pictures below.

Many thanks

IMG_0571.JPG IMG_0570.JPG IMG_0569.JPG

P

PJS

How long ago did he finish ? If you wait 7 days you can use their acidic cleaner, might bring it back ? I would never use that grout again.

Hi Simon. Thanks for the reply. The room was grouted 14 days ago. The grout rep is coming tomorrow so i'll see what he says and suggest you and PDC's suggestions.

Thanks again for you input.

PJS

I

Italy

Fugabella ..... :(
the grout rep will say:
used too much water, or the adhesive was not dry yet.
that's all.
I have always had problems with dark colors fugabella,
the only product that uses recycled materials and lime is fugabella.
Here in Italy, many tilers refuse to use fugabella
and with this I said everything.
ps, use some very fine-grained sandpaper on the dark parts,
you should solve the problem and be careful not to touch the tiles.

Reply to Patchy Kerakoll 02 Grout in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
  • Suggestion
Post a New Thread for Each Tiling Job Completed. Rather than using the Show us Your Work Thread - which has more than 500,000 views, and thousands of posts to scroll through - we thought it would...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed most of our floor to accommodate tiling 800x800 porcelain over an uneven floor. The gap from defrac...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement