Search the forum,

Discuss Opinions on floor failure in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Al@Lifetiles

TF
Arms
I have an idea what’s gone wrong here but would be interested to hear other opinions.
Old property which had a floating wooden floor removed and replaced with 60mm foam backer boards (wedi or similar) over the concrete slab. Electric ufh latexed over then tiled. The concrete was “blackjacked” then boards bonded to the floor apparently (I wasn’t able to ascertain this without ripping up more of the floor) Tiles came up clean with the adhesive stuck to the back of the tile. Nice solid bed so no signs of dot n dabbing. No evidence of a primer. Also no perimeter expansion. Floor has enveloped in the centre of the room, heaving and cracking the latex. Signs of thermal shock which will have popped the tiles but still confused with the massive cracks in latex.
Sorry for the long post and appreciate feedback.
Cheers

Attachments

• 4F4C5B5A-C8BC-4F45-8AEA-74125072B92E.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 57
  • 4D537069-A149-43D3-9214-3BA2B9DCF5F0.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 51

Al@Lifetiles

TF
Arms
Thanks. I can find out the output but yes the wires look well spaced.
I thought the work, on the whole, looked to have been well done but the results are a complete failure! Id be interested to know what advice would be given for reinstating the floor given the height restriction and the obvious failure of this construction?

Reply to Opinions on floor failure in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement