Search the forum,

Discuss montolit discs in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

ive just been talking about this montolit dna on anther thread.
fantastic blades and well worth the extra money.
i think i get at least 18months out of a 350mm blade which goes on one of my big cutters. the cutter is in use every day for mixture of porcelain and stone.
probably more percentage stone hence lasts so long.

D

DHTiling

I have had the DNA blade in my Dewalt d24000 about 2 years now and used just about every day for mainly stone work , it still has around 7 mm of meat left on it , awesome blade IMO.

I have pro gres blade as well , very quick on g5 porcs. That is in my grinder.

B

bugs183

DNA blades are great, and Phil says the Squadro is a really useful piece of kit, but you will need a really small grinder to mount it on as the blade is so diddy it my not be deeper than the grinder body. Brilliant for sockets and trimming corners etc.
I'm getting a DW2400 soon and it'll be loaded with a DNA right from the start.

S

sean2012

one DNA blade mounted and ready for a travertine bathroom tomorrow!! thanks for the input lads!!

K

kibos

Travertine is not a problem but I have just had very disappointing results on g5 porcelain. My dewalt blade cut cleanly on left side but small chips on the right. As I was going to be mitring this tile this was not good. I bought a dna blade for my dw24000 and it chipped on both edges. At £ 160.00 I am left clueless why it is getting great reports.

K

kibos

The machine had dewalt blade which cut better. The machine is a month old and has been working well. Is there a way of checking the trueness of the machine that you can recommend.

ishi69

TF
Reaction score
Put a square against the fence on the table and then check that the front and back edge of the blade are running true to the square. Also the montolit disc is used chipped initially then seemed to bed in and was fine after cutting a few old porcelain tiles.

B

Burslems finest

I'll put a vote in for the norton super gres xt. Best i've used bar none. My current one has been in for 18 months and is still cutting now the same as the first day i used it!

Reply to montolit discs in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen