Search the forum,

Discuss montolit discs in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

sean2012

any one used either of these discs before, if so which one would you recommend and why?

Montolit DNA Technology CTX 115mm Diamond Blade

Montolit CG115 PRO-GRES 115 mm Diamond Wheel

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I got the pro-gres after hearing good reports about it on here and wasn't disappointed. It cuts brilliantly and I couldn't recommend it highly enough:thumbsup:

Reaction score
I have the squadro ( not sure about the spelling) but a very good blade for what I use it for, cutting out sockets ect in middle of tiles, will be changing to the dna, when my dewalt 24000 disc needs changing, and the same with the grinder to the pro-gres.

martin1c

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've used the pros-gres on the last four jobs that I've done (all porcelain) and it's beginning to fade now. I'm definitely getting another one. They are MUCH faster than using the wet cutter and a lot easier to use too. They're dusty as hell but I always cut outside anyway. I'd love to know how the DNA blade compares though

ishi69

TF
Reaction score
DNA is amazing, you won't believe the difference. Have used a friends on my dewalt and will be purchasing as soon as I'm back from hols. It cuts even the hardest of porcelains like cutting fresh air.

S

sean2012

how long do they last if your a tiler, any idea?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
how long do they last if your a tiler, any idea?
well Sean the one i have on my DE-walt 115 grinder is wearing -out now after about 5 swimming pool mosaic jobs,i have been very pleased with its performance ,i bought mine through Trade tiler, the only thing i want now is a cordless 18v cutter plus three batteries all in a case, but i cant really afford it yet ...............all in time

J

jonnyc

ive just been talking about this montolit dna on anther thread.
fantastic blades and well worth the extra money.
i think i get at least 18months out of a 350mm blade which goes on one of my big cutters. the cutter is in use every day for mixture of porcelain and stone.
probably more percentage stone hence lasts so long.

D

DHTiling

I have had the DNA blade in my Dewalt d24000 about 2 years now and used just about every day for mainly stone work , it still has around 7 mm of meat left on it , awesome blade IMO.

I have pro gres blade as well , very quick on g5 porcs. That is in my grinder.

B

bugs183

DNA blades are great, and Phil says the Squadro is a really useful piece of kit, but you will need a really small grinder to mount it on as the blade is so diddy it my not be deeper than the grinder body. Brilliant for sockets and trimming corners etc.
I'm getting a DW2400 soon and it'll be loaded with a DNA right from the start.

S

sean2012

one DNA blade mounted and ready for a travertine bathroom tomorrow!! thanks for the input lads!!

K

kibos

Travertine is not a problem but I have just had very disappointing results on g5 porcelain. My dewalt blade cut cleanly on left side but small chips on the right. As I was going to be mitring this tile this was not good. I bought a dna blade for my dw24000 and it chipped on both edges. At £ 160.00 I am left clueless why it is getting great reports.

Reply to montolit discs in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen