Search the forum,

Discuss Laser level recommendations in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com.

B

Blunt Tool

If you need someone, there’s a guy Manchester way I’ve used and he’s excellent.
Quoted me £30 to recalibrate and it turned out it was a little more complicated.
Told me that it should of cost £80 but he’d quoted £30 and that’s all he wanted.
We argued and settled on £50.
Out and back to me inside 4 days.
Was yours out of calibration?

O

Old Mod

Was yours out of calibration?
Yes Ian, but only on floor cross hairs, but I haven’t needed that function nearly all year, it’s all been wall fixing and it was perfectly ok.
On floors however one of the beams drifted by about a mm a metreish.
Didn’t get it sorted til I needed it.
It needed to be dismantled, hence the extra cost.
It’s perfect again now and its kept in a box which is just a little bigger than the laser and is lined with protection. :D

B

Blunt Tool

Yes Ian, but only on floor cross hairs, but I haven’t needed that function nearly all year, it’s all been wall fixing and it was perfectly ok.
On floors however one of the beams drifted by about a mm a metreish.
Didn’t get it sorted til I needed it.
It needed to be dismantled, hence the extra cost.
It’s perfect again now and its kept in a box which is just a little bigger than the laser and is lined with protection. :D
I’ve still got my red Bosch so I’ll set both up and see if there is any difference, what’s the chances both out

O

Old Mod

I’ve still got my red Bosch so I’ll set both up and see if there is any difference, what’s the chances both out
s3955.gif

B

Bill

O

Old Mod

Huh! Don’t talk to me about them!!
I sent it there first, not only did I have a whole load of trouble getting them to inspect it, took two weeks, maybe even three, can’t remember.
And when they returned it, it was exactly the same!! And because I hadn’t needed the function that was out of whack, I didn’t realise until some months later, and there was no change at all.

When I found this other guy, the difference was apparent immediately.

If you want his details I’ll PM them to you.

B

Blunt Tool

Does the DCE089D1G justify it's high price tag? Is it good value for money are there more economical models out there
Justify, well it is good and I like the fact I can see the line even 20, 25 metres away and line is thinner than my red laser. Paying that kind of money you do hope that it lasts a long time but then how much is a good set of levels nowadays that it replaces? Not just a wall laser it’s a floor laser for setting out, also can identify high points or low points in floor
Economical ones no doubt out there but it is a tool I more or less use everyday so price not that bad considering

Last edited by a moderator:

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Warwickshire
Justify, well it is good and I like the fact I can see the line even 20, 25 metres away and line is thinner than my red laser. Paying that kind of money you do hope that it lasts a long time but then how much is a good set of levels nowadays that it replaces? Not just a wall laser it’s a floor laser for setting out, also can identify high points or low points in floor
Economical ones no doubt out there but it is a tool I more or less use everyday so price not that bad considering

Would you say it’s not the best one for that price range?

Reply to Laser level recommendations in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Stoke-on-Trent College provide Tiling courses for school leavers and mature students with both full and part time tiling courses available to enrol on to. The cost of these courses can vary and it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
I have a customer who lives in a 200 year old property. The lounge floor he wants tiled which is very thick concrete. He wants electric underfloor heating but I'm concerned he'll lose too much...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

Birthdays

You're browsing the Tiling Tools category on TilersForums.com. Find the correct trowels to use with which type of tiling. Find advice on lash clips and levelling systems and more.