Currently reading:
large format tile gaps

Discuss large format tile gaps in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Albert

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Gateshead NE8, UK
Hi All,
perhaps i did not explain myself properly so apologies,
the floor is 75 Sq meters, 40 Sq meters of this is is a perfect rectangle for a new built extension, the rest is through a hall way and kitchen / Diner.
The tile sizes again are 100 cm x 50 cm and to clarify what tile gaps would you be looking at ?
If the tiles are rectified i would use 3mm if not then i would
use 4mm

area tiling

TF
Arms
n.ireland
My last floor size was a similar rectangle , laid 120x60 rectified porcelain onto Kerakoll idro build Mat , followed expansion gaps on liquid screed floor , with ufh and put a soft joint in the middle of floor with matching silicone used 2mm spacers ! Can’t see anyone wanting a 4 mm joint with an expensive tile, but that’s just my opinion!

Cranbrook

TF
Esteemed
Arms
My last floor size was a similar rectangle , laid 120x60 rectified porcelain onto Kerakoll idro build Mat , followed expansion gaps on liquid screed floor , with ufh and put a soft joint in the middle of floor with matching silicone used 2mm spacers ! Can’t see anyone wanting a 4 mm joint with an expensive tile, but that’s just my opinion!

Ditto

Reply to large format tile gaps in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have sliding shower doors. The tiles are 600x1200 blue/grey onyx style which I would like to look like one...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement