Currently reading:
Is there a difference between SBR bond and SBR tile primer?

Discuss Is there a difference between SBR bond and SBR tile primer? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

abdev

hello
i have always used them for different things however i thought i would just check.

You can buy SBR bond or equivalent which usually comes in 5L containers. Ive got one from Everbuild infront of me. This says it can be used as a bonding agent, additive for render etc. this is what gets added to things like cement screeds, cement slurry etc.

There is also SBR tile primer.

Like for like the tile primer works out more expensive.
Are they both the same thing and can the SBR bond be used as tile primer?

I have an asphalt floor to tile. I could prime with Weber PR360 which states on the back it can be used to prime asphalt floors, or i could make a cement slurry as described on the back of the SBR Bond and use that as a primer to give it a bit of a key. Im guessing both methods would work but id like a bit of advice.

Thanks

i use ultra prime it ar £25 for 5 litrs good stuff, as i use ultra addy like to keep the same make

I seem to use Weber's primer for everything.. be it Bal, Ultra, Weber etc
I get the 5lt for £21 at trade..

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Stop it mate you'll put ideas my head and i'm already in my Mrs's bad books :ciappa:

Well you learn something everyday, primer also being called a bonding agent!! only took me 8 years to learn that haha

Ha ha I'm in the good books at the mo, just finished the patio and not been out with lads for 3 weeks ;)
Mind you I'm being real nice,I'm off to Egypt next Friday on a liveaboard for a week with mates diving,so I've been proper nice (apart from a month ago going out with lads and not getting home till 4 am, she was not a happy chicken ;) )

T

TJ Smiler

Ha ha I'm in the good books at the mo, just finished the patio and not been out with lads for 3 weeks ;)
Mind you I'm being real nice,I'm off to Egypt next Friday on a liveaboard for a week with mates diving,so I've been proper nice (apart from a month ago going out with lads and not getting home till 4 am, she was not a happy chicken ;) )

Quality mate :lol:

I have been out every weekend since March (when my caravan bar opens) I say the same thing every weekend..... No darling, i'm not going over the bar tonight, i'll just enjoy a couple of beers with the lads outside the caravan, as soon as a beer is open and that fatal first drop touch my beer buds it's good bloody night, i'm over that bar until early hours every Saturday singing Rod Stewart until the early hours hahaha poor girl, every single weekend!

Reply to Is there a difference between SBR bond and SBR tile primer? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm planning to tile my kitchen floor with 8mm porcelain floor tiles (660x440mm). My kitchen floor is...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement