Search the forum,

Discuss Incorrect tile adhesive used in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I have recently laid around 30msq of porcelain floor tiles in our kitchen. The tiles have been down a few days and are absolutely rock solid. When clearing away the rubbish I’ve noticed that the wrong tile adhesive has been used. We have used Mapei floor and wall tile adhesive for ceramic and quarry tiles, C1. The tiles we have laid are porcelain.

I’ve had a look at the tiles today and they absolutely will not budge. There’s no way they can be taken up. How likely are the tiles to last?

Hi, thanks for replying. I’ve attached an image of the bag that we used. It was a powdered mix but for ceramic and not porcelain tiles
0AF84F6F-B3D1-45B3-9D7B-9F1C436EA995.jpeg

Reply to Incorrect tile adhesive used in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are porcelain. I’ve just got to the end of my bag of Mapei flexible rapid set tile adhesive (powdered)...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. Over the years I've used the good advice that I've read on this forum but with my current project I am a bit stumped. I am renovating an ensuite, it's...
Replies
Views

Advertisement