Search the forum,

Discuss Handmade Vase Competition in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Okay, so a couple of members have made some vases.
It was suggested we all have a bash and see what we can come up with. So I thought I'd make a competition out of it.

I've made a category in the Media Gallery: Handmade Vases

Upload your Vase images to there, then add them to this thread.

Once a fair few have made some, we'll create a Poll and make a forum member tag for the winner. We'll perhaps give this one a few months because the last thing I want is emails and calls from Wife's of tilers telling me I'm taking up their weekends.

"Vase Comp Winner" - Can even pick your own colour to match your company branding or the Vase colour or whatever.

Last edited:
O

Old Mod

It's 30cm high and 14cm wide, money wise, I'm not sure it'd be viable to make them to sell. Like I say, that stone is £40 and it took about 4 hours to make, even at a tenner an hour, £80 is a bit steep for a vase!

Bargain mate, flog em all day long in the trendy markets here like Portobello Road or Camden!

W

WetSaw

I'll let you have that one mate, just have to sort out how to get it to you! How far do you live from me? PM me

And that is how to win a vase making competition.....I mean making a vase like that, not by giving it to the organiser

For some reason my emojis aren't working...should have a wink at the end!

I

Ian

love that Bri, I've never attempted any resin bonding or even seen it done, what is it?
It's a two part glue, I suppose a bit like araldite! I'm sure you remember that stuff. It has the glue and a hardener, sets very strong, I used it in a couple of off cuts just to make sure it was ok for stone, stuck like you know what!

Q

Qwerty

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Ok, here's my feeble entry!!! :p:rolleyes:

Really quite naff Homebase poor quality Trav used here which was mostly holes & filler but I managed to find a few pieces to knock this up along with some matching placemats & coasters.

Mitred edges and all sealed. Epoxy resin fixed. Customers were pleasantly surprised!

Reply to Handmade Vase Competition in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement