Currently reading:
Find a matching tile?

Search the forum,

Discuss Find a matching tile? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Please can you let me know if you have come across this tile or know someone who supplies them. They appear to be ceramic, probably the heavy kind of wall/floor tile's, and dimensions are 315mm x 590mm.

I'm going to view job next Monday - it's to replace the shower tray and enclosure only, so I need to know if I can find matching tiles in case any get damaged when the old one is removed, or the new shower tray is only 45mm high instead of 85mm, for example. The customer may consider re-tiling the entire corner of the shower cubicle if I can find something that is complementary enough, so any other suggestions are more than welcome.

Many Thanks
Denis
DJS - Tiling & Bathrooms

EasyT - I was right on it about spare tiles when he said he wanted to keep the existing ones!! :mad2: :lol: I'm gonna check if they left any under the bath??

Thanks for your tips - it will be one of these 2 options then :-

1. Any height of tray, but with a new complementary edging row.

2. Or to avoid the need of new tiles building up the floor and installing a shower tray with plinth. But then I think I'm faced with the difficult task of roto-zipping the existing tiles in-situ!! Anyone done that before?

I'd be concerned about option 2? After looking for the tiles at my local independant shop today, I am now starting to think they are probably a polished porcelain or knowing my luck a polished natural stone.

I got a picture of the bath now. Thank god he doesn't want a new shower valve or bath fitting and keeping those tiles!!

I think when it comes to matching the shade, if I get the job, I will remove a tile and take it to the shop to get the best possible match. The local independant has some similar tiles that will complement the existing one's. But none with such large area's of the lighter material. I think my next step is email the customer and ask him if he has time to pay them a visit this weekend and decide for himself. If not I may have to do the footwork myself or take him some samples off the display, to make me look better than the rest.

Appreciate all your thoughts, good to hear your all on the same wavelength :thumbsup: Thanks - Will let you know how I get on if I get the job.

This customer maybe a good one, he also thinks first option is best. Sent him an email and he is happy to go and look at some tiles at my local independent tile shop this weekend :thumbsup: Hopefully, that means he is already working with me, and because I took the time to listen to him, the job is already mine, without even going there. Text book stuff from the course. Thanks again to Jase and everyone @ PITT

Not only that, but I'm going to quote for a resteraunt kitchen floor in Manchester later this week. So I called my local independant shop again, and the trade price for 5kg of Mapei Kerapoxy is amazing. I'm well impressed! If the client or architech spec's it then I'll be laughing all the way to the bank :drool5:

Hopefuilly, this is the humble begginings of my career as a professional tiler. Thanks again for your advice, in following it up, I have found a fantastic local independant supplier. Bring it on...please, I'm skint!! :lol:

Hey everyone, I got the job. Just wanted to say thanks again for your advice.

Not just that, but he also decided to rip up the old laminate and wants the floor tiling too.....bonus!! I will post a before and after shot for your amusement when done.

I'm still working on them replacing the shower mixer and re-tiling the entire cubicle, but I maybe willing to do them a deal as the photo could inevitably end up in my portfolio too.

:grin:

Reply to Find a matching tile? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.