Search the forum,

Discuss Dry drills for angle grinder in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dumbo

Maybe I'm a bit late to the party but to those of you that haven't tried these yet you should do as I've drilled 10 mm porcelain in under 20 seconds with a 25 mm hole . The make I'm using is Mexco although I understand ATS products are much liked . Time easily outweighs cost .

F

Flintstone

I'm still on the drill ones, do you go outside to cut them and do you have a seperate grinder? Is the cut as clean ?

D

Dumbo

I'm still on the drill ones, do you go outside to cut them and do you have a seperate grinder? Is the cut as clean ?
Just get one and try it . They make a bit of dust but don't tend to throw it every like cutting a tile with angle grinder.

J

J Sid

can be a clean cut and dust free. I hold a damp/wettish sponge against the bit which reduces the dust and chipping, and I have a separate grinder for the job and do it indoors.
get one and try it, use as above and you'll be converted

I

Italy

II passed by diamond cutters grinder, a drill cutters, many years ago.
I never felt comfortable with grinder.
I prefer the drill with water and cutters sigma, slower cutting but for many years.

Reply to Dry drills for angle grinder in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen