Search the forum,

Discuss Ditra mat or not under floor tiles on ground floor? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
So, on the ground floor there is a wet underfloor heating system. It is using pipes that were installed into grooved ProWarm boards. On top of that is about 4cm of concrete. The current install then has floor tiles which had the adhesive directly on the concrete. For other reasons, all the floor tiles and adhesive is being removed.

I've had various companies come in to quote for installing new floor tiles in the area and I'm getting conflicting information on whether Ditra mat is needed or not. Some say it will prevent movement and cracking of the tiles and will also give a waterproof membrane from the concrete where dampness can come up from the ground. Others say that Ditra mat is not needed, it's only needed if you have wooden subfloor or if it's not on ground floor. Each company claim to be experts and in the field for years.

All I want is a robust and clean install of the tiles which aren't going to have movement, cracking or any other issues. I need something that will last.

Suggestions or advice?

Reply to Ditra mat or not under floor tiles on ground floor? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen