Search the forum,

Discuss Dewalt D24000 problems in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
End of last job my saw has started to sound dog rough - like gravel.
Bit of vibration too.
I'm guessing the bearings are wrecked - anyone had experience with this before?

D

Dumbo

I had bearings go a rubi once and got it repaired at electrical motor place. I expect if you're handy you could probably get some bearings from a bearing supplier and do it yourself for a few quid .

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've just disassembled it as far as I dare go - got the gear case off and first couple of sets of bearings and they are all fine (shame as they are only £4.50). At least I know the problem is further back in the armature but that's gonna set me back £170 :(

Might just keep using it till it detonates and look out on fleabay for a used one going cheap - let me know if anyone hears of one going!

O

On one

Mine's knocking on 10 yrs old,still going strong,despite cutting the size of tiles it wasn't designed to cut.

O

Old Mod

Depends how much you like it Nick.
They don’t seem to come up very often.
Might still be worth repairing.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Well I do like it and I’d get another one if this was terminal. It’s the best compromise all rounder for the majority of the work I do.
It’s now at an authorised Dewalt repairer and he’s bet me that it will be the armature shredding itself. So bad news cos it’s costly but good news that he sounds like he knows what he’s talking about as I’d already narrowed it down to that.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score

Reply to Dewalt D24000 problems in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen