Search the forum,

Discuss Decoupling matt problems in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

wildatheart

no problem with workmanship floors are spot on and level to 5mm tolerance over whole area. clients just want it resolved. up until now neither me or builder wants to admit being at fault (not many builders understand stone flooring) i was thinking could be thermal shock or screed breaking up under matting, glad i always put expansion joints in floors. builders are getting stone fed people in to write reports on floors, have spoken to stone fed and TTA they wont admit there is problems with g matt but will say they are investigating complaints about g matt

J

jay

Hi jay the original post by me was alarge stone floor with out under floor heating but it is the Blanke uni matt pro the mat was laid spring last year.
what have you come accros?

just thinking out loud and trying to work out the problem just a thought that maybe the UFH might be re activating the glue used on the fleece ,but there's been failures without UFH

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Bedford
I too have used the new Dural CI+ with no issues whatsoever, infact it seemed more stable when I fitted it, come to think of it, I didn't have any problem with the old CI, guess I was lucky not to have got a rogue batch. Nowadays, I try to use the Mapetex as much as possible, as there is only one layer, less to go wrong, it's cheaper, and adds less to the height of the overall floor. Also you can see the adhesive ribs through it when you are fitting it, so you can see that when you have pushed it into the adhesive that a solid bed has been achieved, superb product! :thumbsup:

Reply to Decoupling matt problems in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.