Search the forum,

Discuss Cutting/mitring stainless steel trim in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi there,
My customer has chosen stainless steel trim (unable to pursued them otherwise) Just wondering if there’s a method for mitring I haven’t thought of. A suitable blade for my mitre saw is about 50 quid so not an option for a small job. Have done this with a grinder before but accuracy isn’t brilliant and the heat can discolour the trim a bit. So, maybe just a hacksaw with a mitre block? Any other suggestions?
Cheers.

Reaction score
Stainless steel trim is pretty tough. I would start of with a hacksaw and mitre box to mark the 45⁰ angle then carefully use a angle grinder with a 1mm metal blade (can get specific ones for stainless steel, not expensive). Just take your time and don't allow the metal to blue with the heat. Remove burs and tidy with a metal file. 👍

Reaction score
:)
Stainless steel trim is pretty tough. I would start of with a hacksaw and mitre box to mark the 45⁰ angle then carefully use a angle grinder with a 1mm metal blade (can get specific ones for stainless steel, not expensive). Just take your time and don't allow the metal to blue with the heat. Remove burs and tidy with a metal file. 👍
Many thanks. Will take a look at the blades 👍

Reply to Cutting/mitring stainless steel trim in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen