Search the forum,

Discuss Can I use Hardie backer 6mm to skim upto. in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm currently prepping my new bathroom for plastering before tiling and am unsure about Hardie backer meeting plaster. I have some old brick walls with original plaster on and some new stud walls. The tiles are porcelain so to heavy to fit straight to plaster and they are hexagonal being finished in an up and down random edge so no straight edge to work to, my plan was to fix 6mm Hardiebacker to the brick plastered walls and over the plasterboard on stud walls, finishing just short of where the tiles will finish leaving enough for the skim to finish flush with the hardiebacker and the tiles can be run just over the backer boards onto the plaster. I hope this makes sense. Is this the answer, what would u suggest if not? Any help/advice would be great! Thanks

Reply to Can I use Hardie backer 6mm to skim upto. in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen