Search the forum,

Discuss Can anyone be trusted ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

Leatherface

Don't know if I got annoyed over nothing today, perhaps it's just me.....

Have been working on a job in Bingley, last couple of weeks I drafted in a tiler "mate ?" of mine to help as contractor had pulled finish date forward.
Anyway yesterday was to be my last day as I have another job on, left him to finish final bathroom by Friday.
His grinder broke on Monday so he has been using mine, which I don't mind. Got finished at three yesterday so I told him I needed my grinder back, he finished off cutting out for some boxing. Got chatting for a bit before I went home...
Realised today at 3pm that I had left my grinder there, tried to phone him but no answer. So got in my van and went to site ( only 15 mins away )
Lo and behold, who is there merrily cutting away with my grinder ?
I said "why the hell didn't you phone me and tell me I had left it" - he looked a bit red faced and replied that he had only just found it and was going to ring me later. Coincidence that his grinder was broken. Can't stop wondering if I would have seen it again ? Annoyed that he was using it and did not have the decency to call me when he "found" it

C

cornish_crofter

I do get annoyed when tools are involved. These are the means to earn a livelihood and sometimes we feel particlularly aggrieved if we feel that others haven't followed our own protocol. The other person usually has good intentions, as in this case.

You would have got it back by the sounds of it. He probably saw an opportunity to finish the job. As others have said, chill.

Reply to Can anyone be trusted ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.