Currently reading:
best protection for worktops

Search the forum,

Discuss best protection for worktops in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
For worktops I tape newspaper then lay a dust sheet over it.
Carpets I use dustsheets and for stairs I use a long stair dust sheet from tradetiler.
My local CTD stock that sticky clear film on a roll to put on carpets which I'm going to get
as dustsheets tend to become trip hazards.
Lost a pipe former and spent over half a day looking for it and tracking down a replacement 30 miles away!
Found it 3 days later along with a tape measure and 2 pencils when I finished the job and was clearing up my dust sheets:mad2:

O

On one

For worktops I tape newspaper then lay a dust sheet over it.
Carpets I use dustsheets and for stairs I use a long stair dust sheet from tradetiler.
My local CTD stock that sticky clear film on a roll to put on carpets which I'm going to get
as dustsheets tend to become trip hazards.
Lost a pipe former and spent over half a day looking for it and tracking down a replacement 30 miles away!
Found it 3 days later along with a tape measure and 2 pencils when I finished the job and was clearing up my dust sheets:mad2:
I once did some plastering in a woman's bedroom a few years,got it finished and wrapped up the dust sheets.On getting home I asked the wife to give me a hand shaking and folding the dust sheets when a pair of lady knickers dropped out.Try and explain that one away!!!!!!!

T

Topshop

For worktops(countertops) I use thin painters plastic sheet on a roll then is I need protection from anything that may drop I use kids interlocking foam play mats. You can get then in black or grey but for kids they come in bright colors too. They can be used again and again until they have too much grout or adhesive on then and look ugly. I use these play mats on the floor too during any type of install - countertops or cabinets whether the floor is new or old. That it the first thing I do on every job and the customers are always impressed that I take such great care plus who wants to get a worktop install job and have to give up all your profits to replace a customers floors.

Reply to best protection for worktops in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this, The property unfortunately flooded throughout. Now although I'm told it's all dry now I'm reluctant...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for cutting large format porc? Ive been relatively lucky up until recently and been able to cut most of...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Morning all. Dan asked me to post up a thread about our training centre which he can then use for feedback. We have been established in Newport, South Wales (just across the bridge from Bristol)...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.