Currently reading:
Advice on Professional tiling tools

Discuss Advice on Professional tiling tools in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com.

Hi,

I am new to this forum.

I need some general advice on tools I would require for a tiling job which I would
be having some tilers do for me.

I need a list of equipment for them.
The work involves basically supervising them and would be working on quality Italian tiles 10/20 mm thick!!

The tile sizes range from 400x400 to 250x1500 mm.
I think I would be needing an electric wet saw diamond cutting machine but which one???

Can you just give me a list of the basic equipment I would need to get this job on the road!!

Thanks

I

Italy

By there is a lot of negativity here!
I worked in Norway 30 years ago and I went on ‘holiday’ for 3 weeks as I didn’t have a work permit!
The client paid for and shipped all my tools there that I needed and kept them when I flew back.

Let’s get a professional list together because you know how we all love architects!

John
ok agree,
but it would be better if they were the tilers interested in the work
to say what they want.
or not?
if I understood the question correctly :)

By there is a lot of negativity here!
I worked in Norway 30 years ago and I went on ‘holiday’ for 3 weeks as I didn’t have a work permit!
The client paid for and shipped all my tools there that I needed and kept them when I flew back.

Let’s get a professional list together because you know how we all love architects!

John
Thanks John.
I understand where all this is coming from and believe me If I told any of these members in the forum/Tilers where the job is they would run a mile and would not be interested one bit!
We all need work and sometimes we can't pick or choose where that job is coming from!!!

D

Dumbo

Thanks John.
I understand where all this is coming from and believe me If I told any of these members in the forum/Tilers where the job is they would run a mile and would not be interested one bit!
We all need work and sometimes we can't pick or choose where that job is coming from!!!
Don't be mistaken we are not touting for work , what we are saying is if they are tilers they should have their own tools , or if as John did in Norway, they should be able to tell you what they want as Antonio said. Which leads me in my best Sherlock Holmes to deduce they are not tilers .

T

Time's Ran Out

We are here to help all standard of participants in our noble art!
At the end of the day we all want to see a job well done.
So the tiles are
400x400mm and 250x1500mm both 10-20 mm thick
Basic tools
Cutters - angle grinder with 2-3 good quality porcelain cutting discs.
Chalk line.
Spirit level/laser
Spacer pegs 2-3mm
Buckets,sponges, polishing cloths.
Pin hammer
Serrated trowels 6-12mm depth
American squeegee

Anything else is a luxury!

We are here to help all standard of participants in our noble art!
At the end of the day we all want to see a job well done.
So the tiles are
400x400mm and 250x1500mm both 10-20 mm thick
Basic tools
Cutters - angle grinder with 2-3 good quality porcelain cutting discs.
Chalk line.
Spirit level/laser
Spacer pegs 2-3mm
Buckets,sponges, polishing cloths.
Pin hammer
Serrated trowels 6-12mm depth
American squeegee

Anything else is a luxury!

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
This is a medium size house and manual cutting will take too long (I presume)and don't want to stay too long out there.
Any idea of makes on best(mid range) Electric Wet tile cutters, not too expensive(I have seen prices in the GBP 600 range)!!
I plan to hire a power generator while out there for the power needs!!
Thanks

G

GoneGuy

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
This is a medium size house and manual cutting will take too long (I presume)and don't want to stay too long out there.
Any idea of makes on best(mid range) Electric Wet tile cutters, not too expensive(I have seen prices in the GBP 600 range)!!
Thanks
Which ever wet saw you purchase make sure you buy the appropriate blade for what your cutting and invest in a quality brand name

W

WetSaw

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
Thanks

Manual cutters are generally faster than wet cutters. If you want to cut a 1500mm tile you're going to need a big, and therefore expensive, cutter. Alternatively, an angle grinder, steady hand and decent blade will do it.

Albert

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Gateshead NE8, UK
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
Thanks
Manual cutting is a lot quicker than a wet saw

Every Architect I have known, knew everything about everything, couldn't tell them nowt!
Hmmm!!
Wonder how much Architects are loathed !!!
Manual cutters are generally faster than wet cutters. If you want to cut a 1500mm tile you're going to need a big, and therefore expensive, cutter. Alternatively, an angle grinder, steady hand and decent blade will do it.
Hi.
so can you recommend one and accessories I would need?
Hi.
so can you recommend one and accessories I would need?

Hi All,

Thanks very much for the advice I got from this forum.

I ended buying the Flex CS60 with the 1.80m guide rail and some diamond cutting blades.
Now, this wet saw has to be plugged to a pressurized water mains as I understand it.
The problem is that I won't have that luxury as the site is remote so I was looking for a small immersible "wet saw pump" to go with this machine, ie one that I would immersed in a bucket/Plale of water that would be feeding
the saw as I cut.
Any ideas as to what pump to get??
Would this do :Rubi Water Pump DW DU Wet Saws 240 volt

Also, I am looking for a budget laser tile leveler
Would this do :ProNivo PNTL 45 Floor Tiling Laser With 90 & 45° Lines

Any other items you think I should get in light of my above project??
Urgent please as I want to make the purchases.
Thanks

ok agree,
but it would be better if they were the tilers interested in the work
to say what they want.
or not?
if I understood the question correctly :)

Antonio,
It just occurred to me that you might be interested in taking on this job as my client bought all the tiles for this Job direct from Italy,1st choice!!!
I am looking for a very professional Tiler to work on this Job so if you're interested, reply to this post!!!

Last edited:
D

Dumbo

Hi All,

Thanks very much for the advice I got from this forum.

I ended buying the Flex CS60 with the 1.80m guide rail and some diamond cutting blades.
Now, this wet saw has to be plugged to a pressurized water mains as I understand it.
The problem is that I won't have that luxury as the site is remote so I was looking for a small immersible "wet saw pump" to go with this machine, ie one that I would immersed in a bucket/Plale of water that would be feeding
the saw as I cut.
Any ideas as to what pump to get??
Would this do :Rubi Water Pump DW DU Wet Saws 240 volt

Also, I am looking for a budget laser tile leveler
Would this do :ProNivo PNTL 45 Floor Tiling Laser With 90 & 45° Lines

Any other items you think I should get in light of my above project??
Urgent please as I want to make the purchases.
Thanks

Antonio,
It just occurred to me that you might be interested in taking on this job as my client bought all the tiles for this Job direct from Italy,1st choice!!!
I am looking for a very professional Tiler to work on this Job so if you're interested, reply to this post!!!
Where is this remote location .

Reply to Advice on Professional tiling tools in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

UK Tiling Forum | Forums:- UK Tiling Forum DIY Tiling Forum Tiling Advice Tanking & Wetrooms Underfloor Heating Tilers' Talk Forum Tile Cutters Tiling Tools For Sale / Wanted Tile Adhesive &...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
  • Suggestion
Post a New Thread for Each Tiling Job Completed. Rather than using the Show us Your Work Thread - which has more than 500,000 views, and thousands of posts to scroll through - we thought it would...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

You're browsing the Tiling Tools category on TilersForums.com. Find the correct trowels to use with which type of tiling. Find advice on lash clips and levelling systems and more.