Currently reading:
Advice on natural stone floors.

Discuss Advice on natural stone floors. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Michael

Hi guys
Any advice on how to deal with 29m2 of limestone and travatine floor tiles in 6 patterns for showroom floor onto concrete ?
Sometimes we get ourselves into some corners !
What type cement ?
What type grout ?
What spacings ?
What pitfalls lie ahead?
:confused:
No owner or manager on site,shop fitting contractor just wants it laid asap. Trying to get more information as to sealing and size of tiles from owner, but he's not answering calls. Contractor panicking as he says he's just been left to it by owner.
Tiles arriving Wednesday 8th. Infectious this panicking feeling. Any help gratefully received.
Thanks
Mick.

D

DHTiling

Good advice by mcp77....Also you might need to incorporate expasion joints into the tiled floor at intervals of between 5 and 8 mtrs depending on what your longest run of tiles is....and what the shape of the room is......and if expansion joints are in substrate then yours need to go where they are.........

lithofin stainstop is good for natural stones of that type.........

floor also might want levelling to achieve a nice flat finish....

Smoothing and Levelling Compounds from ARDEX UK

Lithofin stone & tile care - buy online at Leafcutter Design

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Michael

Its a new natural stone kitchen fitting shop opening in town, granite worktops and natural floors etc.
It has 6 seperate kitchens with cupboards, sink and cooker hood on display,all running alongside one another. 3 of them have island workstations in middle of floor.
If I get the floor right I get the worktops also,hence my caution, but what a good place to get your cards in first !
Its just natural stones of differing types thats worrying me and am looking for pitfalls against laying a normal one type ceramic like floor.
Mick.

Reply to Advice on natural stone floors. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.