Currently reading:
Advice needed grout cracked

Discuss Advice needed grout cracked in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Soŕry WalLuigi, no.

Any of you guys used the Mapei colour match sealant in the corners and can you get a good finish/match with grout?

Yep pretty good colour match

61CBD935-94B0-4C45-94E1-036C37D87895.jpeg

T

Time's Ran Out

Now here’s an question!
What did you all do before the colour matched silicone was available?
You see in my opinion the builder did what we used to do - grout the corner and go over the dry grout with a clear or white silicone.
The bigger issue here is why is it cracking so much that it’s become a major concern?
As a tiler, I silicone the corner, fix the tiles, grout, then silicone the tile face again. Always have always will!

Don't be so quick to judge the builder. Silicone is great unless you happen to have RIW tilesafe membrane behind. I would normally leave the internal corner joint free of grout then silicone knowing the silicone would bite nicely into the gap however CCL Wetrooms advise if you use silicone then warranty will be void. Builder may have been following instructions. RIW also advise the same. And that's why I won't use the bitumen style membrane

Reply to Advice needed grout cracked in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them professionally laid. At the time I asked if they needed sealing. The tiler told me since they were...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement