Search the forum,

Discuss Advice for tile over unconventional wood subfloor? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I’ve got 3/4” MDF over 1-1/2” t&g car decking, over 6x8” joists on 48” centers. All solid, good shape. Specs for cement board and ditra seems to suggest I should give up hope of successful tiling because of wide joist spacing. But I want to believe. And think the thickness of Mdf+ car decking should provide enough stiffness to support tile without catastrophe. Any experience, advice, death warnings before I get to work? Any special considerations for cement board v ditra for this unusual floor system? Thanks!!

Reply to Advice for tile over unconventional wood subfloor? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views

Advertisement