• Thread starter enduro
  • Start date
  • Replies 23
  • Views 8K
  • usa
Search the forum,

Discuss 365 drills in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

I have to say though that if the guide were made tougher it could wear the drill out ?....Am i right Richard? I think that is the idea behind using plasterboard as a guide as oppossed to plywood.

G

grumpygrouter

I agree great kit but the guide can wear away pretty quickly.
If the drill you use is a small one and the guide is worn, you can just drill another guide hole in the plate somewhere where there is a space big enough.

D

Deleted member 1779

We produce guides from 6mm to 65mm (any larger and they are difficult to control) and the reason they are made of soft plastic is to protect the diamonds on the drill and to mould / fit to the exact size of the drill.

when guide plates are used for too long and they will begin to wear away. Thats why we try and say to remove it after a few seconds of drilling.

I think the drills might be lasting longer than we claim!

I did look at making the guide stonger (IE swapping HIPS plastic for NYLON) and increasing the depth from 3mm thick to 9mm thick. But we are sure our market niche is for disposable short life kits so we are sticking with that.

The long life market is taken up with ARMEG and RUBI and so we dont really want to be there. Macrist are trying to take them on so there are enough people in the "top end bit".

At the moment we are in the final week of getting it ready for retail (exciting stuff). We believe we have the component lifespan right and so all the energy is being focused on packaging and presentation.

I'll try and get some info together so we can make a proper website announcement of the retail thing before May-2008

E

enduro

Ordered my drills on Friday but it doesn't look like i will have them by Wednesday for drilling my tiles.

E

enduro

They sent them today, and it said i takes 2 days by royal mail post.
----
Well my drills arrived today, for my job tmro..Thanks 365Drills :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
E

enduro

Well what can i say about these drills, got to the job this morning and the foreman said the plumber cant drill those tiles 12mm porcelain tiles, i said i have a diamond drill that will do it no problem, thats what he had the foreman said....Panic set in then, anyway the plumber turned up and around 10am we were read to drill the holes, by this time we had quite a crowd of guys watching to see me fail, so i put my 8mm drill bit in my drill put the gauge on the wall and started to drill...AND GUESS WHAT IT DID IT, thanks 365Drills :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1779

Re: 365 drills : Diamond drilling of very hard porcelain tiles

Always good to know the drills perform as well as (or better than) expected.

br3a.jpg

Porcelain tiles are a tough nut to crack so we cant scrimp on the diamonds on the tip of each drill.

I've had the same scenario where a whole room full of people appear to see what these drill will do.

I went to a job where the tiniest bathroom was filled with sparkies, chippies, the designer, the tiler, the home owner, his wife and a couple of contractors waiting to see what would happen. Its a bit scary when they are all watching and waiting to see what happens.

Just as well they work eh !

dp9.jpg

The "Bathroom Fitters Kit-MAX" Seven careully selected drills in five sizes

E

eatsmice

After loads of reading on this site, I fell for the ruthless marketing! Thank goodness I did. Used the 16mm bit today and it left perfect holes for my heating piping.
First tiling job using large format tiles and was nervous of splitting them while drilling (before laying). Now have no fear at all and looking forward to doing the holes for the shower pipes.

Cheers.:grin:

Reply to 365 drills in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen