Search the forum,

Discuss 10cm x 20cm ceramic tiles - trowel size and adhesive recommendation in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

JS1

-
Reaction score
Hi I'm fixing 10cm x 20cm ceramic tiles to Jackoboard in a tanked shower area would be grateful for a recommendation on the ideal trowel notch size and a slow setting adhesive - preferably one that is availble from CTD.

Many Thanks

Martin

Reaction score
The smaller notch, the better. Less adhesive, better grip. But anyway depoends on the support. I think a tanked area would have rounded corners, so a bit bigger notch will be needed to save the deflections. 6-8 mm. At CTD you can find at least 3-4 ready mixed adhesive for this.

P

Perfect Tiling

If its a tanked shower.....you really need to use a cement based adhesive. Also, most ready mixed adhesives can't be used at depths over 3-4mm.....cement based will let you level out any imperfections in the walls. CTD do a brand called ultra trade with various setting times in either grey or white....depending on what colour grout you're using. I use this brand a lot for walls and find it a good adhesive at a very good price. Use a 5-6mm notched trowel and you can backbutter the tiles if you want to....esspecially if they are porcelain or heavily patterned.

Reply to 10cm x 20cm ceramic tiles - trowel size and adhesive recommendation in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen