Search the forum,

Discuss Sigma Manual Tile Cutters in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com.

W

Waluigi

O

One Day

A few I've learnt:

Always check the hole which the measure bar sits in for debris.
If you tighten the bar with tile fragments in the hole, it can sit wonky and mess up your cuts.

Set the correct height for each tile thickness by setting the breaker foot flat on the tile face - at the top and bottom of the tile.

Don't score more than once - I've never had to.

Don't score too hard.

You get a better break if after scoring, you nudge the tile a couple of mm away from the measure bar and set the breaker foot 10mm from the tile edge.

If you leave your cutter on the floor with muppets around, they will kick the measure bar and you won't realise until you've cut all your spare tiles with a raked cut!

B

Blunt Tool

I have been. I’ve done every cut so far in one bathroom like this and am really impressed with the cutter, However there are instances where I need to follow a pencil mark so like to see the scoring wheel
I know that if it’s a rake cut I line the two pencil marks up to the right side of bottom middle spine cuts perfect

O

Old Mod

I have been. I’ve done every cut so far in one bathroom like this and am really impressed with the cutter, However there are instances where I need to follow a pencil mark so like to see the scoring wheel
With practice you don’t need to see wheel, you can sight your marks on the bar.

O

One Day

I have been. I’ve done every cut so far in one bathroom like this and am really impressed with the cutter, However there are instances where I need to follow a pencil mark so like to see the scoring wheen

Ok, without showing this it's hard to explain:
If you set your pencil mark at the measure bar, close one eye and keep your head steady - line up that mark so it's visually "touching" the main cutting bar. Now without moving your head, line up the top pencil mark (or end of your pencil line) so it too is "visually" touching the main cutting bar.
If both pencil marks are visually touching the bar - with one eye - then you are perfectly lined up and ready to cut.

O

Old Mod

I kind of understand that, Impish, thanks. I’ll have another play and try to see what I’m doing.

Edit........and everyone else. Thanks. (I hadn’t read your replies until now)
Basically line your cut marks up properly by breaking your neck by stopping down.
Then sit in what you would class as a comfortable position and look at your marks again and how they relate to the bar. Memorise their position, they won’t change.

Reply to Sigma Manual Tile Cutters in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

Birthdays

You're browsing the Tiling Tools category on TilersForums.com. Find the correct trowels to use with which type of tiling. Find advice on lash clips and levelling systems and more.