Search the forum,

Discuss Choosing a Rubi manual cutter... confused in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com.

Uk
I'm looking at a nice manual cutter from rubi. I'm set on a rubi as their parts are easy to get here and I just cant get used to pull to score cutters Haha.

I want something that'll cut a 700mm porcelain tile without feeling really stressed. Rarely cut bigger than that. And that has a nice visible cutting wheel.

However they make a million models! What on earth do I look at? The TX-n 700 looks great but how does it compare to the other billion variants they produce? Haha.

I've currently got an Ishii Big Clinker 2 that's great. Nice size and nice and solid. It'll do a 630mm 14mm porcelain tile. However it doesn't feel refined, the 90° accuracy is questionable, I'm sick of having to lean right over and put my head on the floor to see the darn wheel, and it's not the easiest thing to get bits for when needed. Even the wheels are a 2 week order in affair at topps tiles. And my local topps isn't exactly organised. For get a spare and wheel and you've had it.

Thanks in advance

Dan

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Glasgow
Sigma 3C3M Max handle will cut 725mm and is a push score ;) I have managed to cut larger tiles taking the measuring bar out also. I haven't came across any tiles yet that it can't snap. The wheel can also be hard to view for point to point cuts but i just know where it is now and don't need to look at it much :D

Reply to Choosing a Rubi manual cutter... confused in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

Birthdays

You're browsing the Tiling Tools category on TilersForums.com. Find the correct trowels to use with which type of tiling. Find advice on lash clips and levelling systems and more.