Search the forum,

Discuss Need a new wet cutter in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com.

Chris Gibbs

TF
Arms
North wales
Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply. How do you get around that issue with the limiting of cuts by the support arm? What is the max cut that the dwalt can do? As you say tiles are getting bigger and bigger.
If you're predominately working with nothing over 300 x 600 or 600 x 600 then its not a problem as you can get a 300mm cut without touching the arm. although if you were working with a 900 x 900 for instance then in theory you may need a 450mm cut, then it fouls on the arm. you can get over this by doing two cuts to get to your required size... but that's wasteful. I got over it by getting this as I was using 1200 x 600. hope this helps.
chris

IMG_2235.PNG

Chris Gibbs

TF
Arms
North wales
Thanks for that Chris. What's the next cutter up from the 2400 that would cope with bigger tiles? I'm thinking cutting diagonals on larger tiles.

Angle grinder?

Those guys with the dwalt what do you do for larger tiles?
you can get a surprisingly good cut with an angle grinder... blade/disc permitting of course. a lot of tile fixers use them as their main cutting tool, ive done it but tend to scribe it first with my sigma. There's a lots of info on this site regarding blades/discs.
goods luck

Reply to Need a new wet cutter in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for cutting large format porc? Ive been relatively lucky up until recently and been able to cut most of...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room but my wife likes the idea of a feature wall tile and then a grey / white tile on the other 3...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

You're browsing the Tiling Tools category on TilersForums.com. Find the correct trowels to use with which type of tiling. Find advice on lash clips and levelling systems and more.