Search the forum,

Discuss Large format rectified polished porcelain with no Grout in a shower? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Yeah it would depend on the size.

Large tiles are hard to get coverage on. And it's not for the faint hearted. Have you tiled before? What background are you tiling onto? Have you considered how you're going to waterproof the shower area before you fix a tile? The tiles wont waterproof the shower alone. You need to 'tank' the shower before you even mix your tile adhesive etc.

O

Old Mod

If I end up finishing this job I will take everyones advice and do my best. I've done plenty of work for myself ok, but it is different when someone else looking over your shoulder is paying the bills.
You’ve already done more than most I’m sure, just by researching the project and all that it entails.
Come back let us know how you got on.

craigy

TF
US
You’ve already done more than most I’m sure, just by researching the project and all that it entails.
Come back let us know how you got on.

I will for sure, thank you very much. I hope it works out ok, whoever sets it, especially letting the house freeze for five months a year. The old melamine was perfect, just ugly.

O

Old Mod

Depends in the effect you want to see.
Most plank effect areas start with a full piece, or nearly if it leaves horrid cut at end of the run.
The second run starts with the off cut from the first. It becomes a totally random bond giving the most life like timber finish.
If there’s a timber floor you can view you’ll get the concept.
Symmetry doesn’t work well.
You can still mark out from centre, but for example, take the far left corner and measure up where your cut will end and take the offcut and place it in position of the next course and work out the next top cut, then put that off cut centre or your shower. 😁

881612E9-865E-4821-BC76-764AE703566A.jpeg

Employ same technique to your wall as in the end of this floor in the window area
You’ll have to enlarge image probably.

Reply to Large format rectified polished porcelain with no Grout in a shower? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement