Questions and tiling advice in the Canada Tile Advice - Canadian Tile Advice. Tile installation advice for Canadian and Canadian Tile Fixers. TilersForums.com..
Search the forum,

Sticky Threads
A
Hi I am a complete novice when it comes to tiling so I'd appreciate the forums advice on a project I am currently undertaking. Victorian Tile Restoration Guide for DIYers and Professionals I am...
  • AMARONE
Answers
Views
Tiling Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day – How much do tilers charge? I know this is a hard one to answer. But just as an approximate guide for those searching for how much a tiler costs, and...
  • Dan
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Answers
Views
Normal Threads
Hello all, I have all the tile I need and the materials to redo my bathroom shower. This is my first time tiling and I have already completed the shower floor. I need help\advice on how to lay...
  • tolinrome
Answers
Views
    • Informative
    • Useful
I used to work in a tile shop in the the 1980s and we were given an ultrasound tile cutter to review/demonstrate. Could of be given by Trimline when they used operate from an old post office...
  • Porcelainwood
Answers
Views
W
Well done Dave, that is some posting..:thumbsup:
  • White Room
Answers
Views
Have used bostik primer yesterday and it took some hours(4) to dry to walk on without anything coming off. I was going to put my self leveler on top however when i twist my feet on it firmly, some...
  • average
Answers
Views
SteveS
S
Hi, I've put down quite a bit of tile over the years but always worked with backerboard. I'm renovating a house in Florida (first one in Florida) that was built in 1996. It's concrete slab...
  • TLovelace
Answers
Views
Zack Mc
Z
A
Hi I've just had my bathroom tiled in white matt ceramic/porcelain tiles and today I noticed shadow spots on all the tiles. The tiler explained that it's the moisture from the adhesive coming...
  • AnnMcCarron
Answers
Views
Lorac 1
L
Just revisited a lady I originally quoted to tile a bathroom for about 6 weeks ago. She decided to go with the "young man" who seemed to be just "starting out" to "give him a chance". We were...
  • andy8758
Answers
Views
Evening all, I’ve been asked to tile some exterior walls. When I say walls, they are planter beds made of breeze blocks. I’m not sure what the tiles are made of as customer was unsure but they are...
  • Stu Brard
Answers
Views
A
Hi, I'm looking for some next steps advice on a complex situation. I'll try to include any info that I think might be relevant. The irrelevant backstory is at the end for those who are curious...
  • Alex Fthenakis
Answers
Views
Tom Tidmarsh
T
Hello, I recently posted another thread on the forum asking for advice on the quality of a tiling job that we had done in our bathroom. Is this an acceptable edge cut? -...
  • jamesbond
Answers
Views
Hello, My bathroom is completely new. I had not more than five showers there and I noticed dark patches/stains on some of the tiles. I tried to clean them but nothing happens. The tiles are new...
  • Alibenson
Answers
Views
Mrs Jenny
M
H
Hello, After a bit of help and advise please. I've used the clinker before to cut porcelain tiles and it handled then no problems, nice clean breaks. This time around the tile is...
  • Hlm
Answers
Views
Hi, I need to do a herringbone shower enclosure with 7.5cm x 30cm tiles. When these are laid out on the floor with spacers, after a certain time the gap becomes larger. 4 x 7.5 = 30 but this...
  • pauls-2020
Answers
Views
G
I have been trying out the Genesis Tiger trowel, yes the wobble notch item. It is said to enable you to get a solid bed of adhesive. In the past I have tried the Rubi 45 degree notch and the...
  • Gazzer
Answers
Views
R
Hi all, not sure if this is the right path but I am trying to identify some tiles that unfortunately have been discontinued by B&Q - there is no marking or branding on the tiles themselves except...
  • r4nd0m
Answers
Views
Mary De Bono
M
A
Hi We recently found pretty basic red and black victorian quarry tiles in our kitchen. They are a bit damaged in places but if possible we'd really like to keep them. We aren't bothered about...
  • abigailbetton
Answers
Views
Any idea where I could buy four of these tiles? many thanks.
  • Music Man
Answers
Views
Stu oakley
S
D
Hello all I'm in the process of tiling my kitchen splash back. They are travertine tile that is pitted and riven. Could any of you offer any advice or guidance on how to grout these tiles as I...
  • diytrainee
Answers
Views
Handyman Ed'son
H
Evening all.. Out of interest, how long would everyone say is a reasonable length of guarantee on jobs? And do you include it on your quotes?
  • Cranbrook
Answers
Views
Smity77
S
R
We had tile installed in January of 2018. The installer put Ditra down. The grout stated to crack and come out a few months after installation. Other tiles move. Is this caused by the Ditra...
  • Rodney Rohde
Answers
Views
Mike L
M
T
Had a customer call today, been advised by her builder that if tiling onto a 18mm ply floor, lay chicken wire and bed it into the adhesive........... I thought her builder might be a bit batty as...
  • Tile Shop
Answers
Views
marko von
M
Last week I had seven porcelain slabs of 120 x 260 cm installed on a wall in my house. A couple of days later I started noticing dark ring marks left by the suction cups used for lifting the tiles...
  • Sophie77
Answers
Views
V
How many of you check batch numbers before installing tiles Done a bathroom last week, everything fine no problems Get a call this morning saying there is a few tiles that are different shades...
  • Versatile
Answers
Views
Bhavna
B
Basically I have a tiled floor in a toilet with skirting in place, as we were not sure if we were going to tile the walls or just wallpaper. Now decided to tile the walls so I will remove the...
  • dg-1984
Answers
Views
J
Hi All, I'm just about to tile my bathroom and am working with much bigger tiles than I have used before and am looking to get a better tile saw than I have currently (a cheap DIY thing) I have...
  • jond500
Answers
Views
Morning all. I found this forum via this thread (and Google). It's as close to my own situation that I have found so far, so hoping for some advice from you experts. I've done a lot of reading and...
  • schooleydoo
Answers
Views
Hi all just after some advise on kitchen flooring. I currently have tiles, which have been fine and enduring but my kitchen is very cold. In the absence of underfloor heating, I’m debating...
  • Sarah__82
Answers
Views
Hi we are Large format tile installers. With over 20 years of tiling experience . We have currently purchased all equipment needed to install large format tiles and completed the specific course...
  • Cyrus Caven
Answers
Views
John Lancaster
J
Hello gents! Long time lurker, first time poster.... I’m just fitting out our en-suite bathroom using Wedi board on three walls and standard plasterboard on the fourth. Most of the Wedi will be...
  • piemansi
Answers
Views
Allan D
A
D
Hi guys My rubi wet saw, when using it for 45 deg cuts, won't make a straight line. Let's say I need the tile to be 300mm wide but end up with tile which is on one side 300mm and on the other...
  • dziqs
Answers
Views
Mark bute
M
Post a New Thread / Question
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays