Search the forum,

Discuss Who's got their Tiling NVQ now? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Just a quick poll to see who's got their tiling NVQ and who hasn't. It's nearing 2010 and I'm wondering how many have not bothered to get passed.

If you're time-served or new there are routes you can take to get your tiling NVQ. All of our training centre sponsors can help you.

If you deal in other trades too, perhaps plumbing or plastering then the sponsors of our sister forums can help you out. Often there is a bit of discount for forum members but I can't promise anything.

There is funding available now for various people but not everybody. Contact the training centre's to see if you fit in the governments category for funding.

P

Prem Tiler

I'll prob be shot here but I think the idea behind it is a good idea. The need for an NVQ is to gain a CSCS card which you will need by law to work on any building site.

It could if not abused go towards the licencing of tilers. Yes, licencing will cost us a few quid but I will do more to eradicate cowboys than anything else.

In Scotland you need a licence to be a window cleaner, A job famous for cowboys but its made a huge difference up there.

P

Prem Tiler

There are still some out there but all with licences have to have insurance. If a window cleaner without insurance has an accident on your property you are liable for damages because you employed a non insured contractor. Probably the same with tilers. I don't know to be honest.

I use a talk to a few scottish window cleaners and they all think there's more work out there now there's less cowboys and they can charge better prices as people know there paying a professional.

D

diamondtiling

gooner you will need one to work on sites from some date in 2010.

You need one now for site work or you will get the basic card, I took mine two years ago because I did not want a cscs card saying I was a Labourer, with the NVQ you will get an experienced worker card. It is for site work but I think it will go further and cover domestic work in the near future the same as part p and corgi and that can only be good for this Industry.

Reply to Who's got their Tiling NVQ now? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Article
Morning all. Dan asked me to post up a thread about our training centre which he can then use for feedback. We have been established in Newport, South Wales (just across the bridge from Bristol)...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.