Search the forum,

Discuss What would you charge in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Drifterjoe

Hi Guys.

I'm just starting my road towards making tiling a career and as such I'm doing jobs for friends and family.

Below are some photos of a job I completed yesterday and wondered what you as pro tilers would have charged and how long you would expect it to take.

I'm finding that pricing a job and estimating the time a bit tricky. But hopefully it will come with experience.

The job was to prime walls, fit 200 x 100 metro tile in brick bond, grout, silocone and refit bathroom suite.

View media item 14803View media item 14802View media item 14801View media item 14800View media item 14799

O

One Day

Hi. I don't think we're supposed to discuss prices outside of the arms (in the open public forum) but as guidance, I'd charge according to my idea of day rate. If the job took you 3 days, charge for 3 days etc...
Admittedly when i started tiling, a job which now would take me 3 days would then take maybe 5 because i was slower and more careful as i learnt on the job. In that case, i charged a much lesser day rate.
Another word of advice - when working for family and friends you might find they expect something for nothing. You soon find out who your real friends and family are. But that's a topic for a whole other thread!

F

Flintstone

As above really, keep tabs on how long a job hasn't taken with certain tiles and how many m2 there was and you should have sole reference. I used to struggle with estimating time scales when I was in my early days of tiling, and sometimes a job can look like a lot of work until you get started and after a few hours it starts going better than you were thinking in your head! Well, for me at least.
I would set aside 3 days for that job and tile it in 2 days and go back to grout and finish off on the third.

Reply to What would you charge in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays