Search the forum,

Discuss What to use ? Walls not straight ?? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tile Shop

Is the board over stud or blockwork? And.... has it been skimmed?

Building out with cement or adhesive, is going to put a strain on the weight limit of what plasterboard can hold (32kg's per sqm). at 10mm depth, you're looking at adding an extra 16-18kg per sqm. leaving only 14-16kg allowance for the tiles and adhesive bed.

Bal Quickset render "might" work, but it doesn't specify it can be done on the bag. I just gave Bal a ring and they'd never heard of anyone rendering plasterboard so its an "at own risk" scenario.

The correct thing to do really is either
1. take the plasterboard off and pack out the stud with a full height timber packer by 5-10mm as required
2. adjust the whole stud frame and move it forward or back as required
or 3. depending on the wall setup, overboard by mechanically fixing extra plasterboard, marmox or Hardie over the top, screwing into the studwork (if you can find it) or anchoring it into the breezeblock/render/brick behind.

Reply to What to use ? Walls not straight ?? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I am a noob trying to tile our shower. Since the old tiles were taken off, some of that wall material has been taken off as well, so everything had to be smoothed. After smoothing with some...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The homeowner of the property I'm working on has just come to me and asked if anything can be done about...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for cutting large format porc? Ive been relatively lucky up until recently and been able to cut most of...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement