Search the forum,

Discuss What size trowel to create 5mm adhesive bed for wall tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Hi

Due to start a DIY tiling job in my kitchen this weekend. Have had worktops fitted and in some places there are 10mm gaps between wall and worktop (where walls are out of square and all over the place). Using 100x200mm metro tiles which are 5mm thick and would like to put down a bed of adhesive that will end up 5mm once tile is pressed on to cover the 10mm gaps in place. What would be the best way of going about tbis/what size trowel would I need to use? Many thanks

Reply to What size trowel to create 5mm adhesive bed for wall tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I am a noob trying to tile our shower. Since the old tiles were taken off, some of that wall material has been taken off as well, so everything had to be smoothed. After smoothing with some...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully screwed in. The Tiler laid my 5mm hex mosaic tiles on a 2mm bed, so obvs wasn't going to drain. I took...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays