Search the forum,

Discuss Wetroom floor boarding in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

Hi all!

So I got to a job yesterday downstairs wetroom floor with mains underfloor heating (not commissioned but pressure tested) the builder has out down 12mm hardie boards to raise the floor to the existing building. The issue is the boards have been dot and dabbed on the floor and have broke away! I have told them it's not sound enough for tiling So they have been back primed the floor this time and put the boards down unlevel and also dot and dab again. My issue is it will fail if I lay on it as there are hollow pockets again and once the heating goes on its going to pop! Am I over complicating this am I right to say it needs to be corrected or would you guys recommend self leveler in stead of boards?

Reply to Wetroom floor boarding in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed most of our floor to accommodate tiling 800x800 porcelain over an uneven floor. The gap from defrac...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement