Search the forum,

Discuss weberset spf question in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

SJPurdy

wouldn't use spf on ditra only because if it sticks to the orange the ditra will not work as a uncoupling membrane
"Immediately after the Schluter -Ditra 25 matting is installed, the tiles can be set using the thin bed method and using a bonding tile adhesive that matches the requirements of the covering." Copied from Ditra 25 data sheet (6.1). Therefore as a modified (SPF) adhesive required for the porcelain tiles Shluter are saying to use it!

J

J Sid

"Immediately after the Schluter -Ditra 25 matting is installed, the tiles can be set using the thin bed method and using a bonding tile adhesive that matches the requirements of the covering." Copied from Ditra 25 data sheet (6.1). Therefore as a modified (SPF) adhesive required for the porcelain tiles Shluter are saying to use it!
you missed copying
"Using the thin-bed method and following all applicable industry standards, set the tile or stone covering directly on the Schlüter®DITRA 25 in such a way that the tile adhesive becomes mechanically anchored in the square, cut back cavities of the Schlüter®DITRA 25 matting.

notice the mechanically anchored and not chemically fixed.

but if fitting, say gulf stone who recommend a two part adhesive or the TM equivalent as favoured by many members on here, Schluter say you mustn't use these adhesive on ditra due to these adhesives bonding / chemically fixing to the plastic and stopping the product uncoupling.

Also care should be taken if laying tiles "immediately" after laying the ditra. un-cured adhesive sticking the ditra mean tiles can't be lifted without pulling the ditra up.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SJPurdy

you missed copying
"Using the thin-bed method and following all applicable industry standards, set the tile or stone covering directly on the Schlüter®DITRA 25 in such a way that the tile adhesive becomes mechanically anchored in the square, cut back cavities of the Schlüter®DITRA 25 matting.

notice the mechanically anchored and not chemically fixed.

but if fitting, say gulf stone who recommend a two part adhesive or the TM equivalent as favoured by many members on here, Schluter say you mustn't use these adhesive on ditra due to these adhesives bonding / chemically fixing to the plastic and stopping the product uncoupling.

Also care should be taken if laying tiles "immediately" after laying the ditra. un-cured adhesive sticking the ditra mean tiles can't be lifted without pulling the ditra up.
I just checked the Schluter web site installation instructions for ditra 25 and it is still as I stated. I understand what you are saying regarding not to bond to the plastic (with for example a two part addy) but there is still no warning in the online fixing instructions.

Reply to weberset spf question in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully screwed in. The Tiler laid my 5mm hex mosaic tiles on a 2mm bed, so obvs wasn't going to drain. I took...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are porcelain. I’ve just got to the end of my bag of Mapei flexible rapid set tile adhesive (powdered)...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Mapei Academy Mapei UK Free Tiling Courses Practical or Online The ceramic course covers the following points: Substrate Preparation do’s and don’ts The Importance of Priming and Levelling...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm planning to tile my kitchen floor with 8mm porcelain floor tiles (660x440mm). My kitchen floor is...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement