Search the forum,

Discuss Topps tile ufh and hardiebacker in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com.

Uheat - Jake

TF
TF Official Sponsor
If they're having a decoupling membrane in the system then I'd recommend to go with a decoupling heating option like our HeatBase, that way you could have a thicker backerboard giving a better subfloor to work with.

12mm Backerboard
HeatBase Decoupling
Tile

G

GoneGuy

If they're having a decoupling membrane in the system then I'd recommend to go with a decoupling heating option like our HeatBase, that way you could have a thicker backerboard giving a better subfloor to work with.

12mm Backerboard
HeatBase Decoupling
Tile
Unfortunately they already got all the materials from topps tiles and I’m scheduled to start Tiling Wednesday.
Also tiles are bct ceramic for the floor :(

D

Dumbo

on a job at the moment and having a conversation with guy I’m subbing to about order of fixing.
Weyrock boarded floor.
They want to go
6mm insulation
Warmup mat ufh
Slc
Dural decouple
Tile.

They also have hardiebacker boards on site
What would you guys recommend
I'm not sure that 6mm insulation board is considered strong enough to overboard a chipboard floor .

O

One Day

Got to agree with you Tom.
I wouldn't do it either.
Why even do it with the customer's blessing, knowing that it will fail?
Pointless exercise in my opinion.
I have yet to see a BCT ceramic tile which I would be happy to install on any suspended floor.

Didn't British used to mean "quality" products?
They should remove the B part of the name as it's an embarrassment.

G

GoneGuy

Oh do it is ok when some other p.o. suggests that bct tiles are poor but if I do it then it is nonsense.... well go ahead and take my highly fantastical advice with a pinch of salt.
This is what he sent me and he said he’s speaking to the rep on Monday.

757F9054-6F1C-41C1-A426-2CF06101363E.jpeg 0792B566-2CC0-4FFE-BA0F-E79A7F4BE9B5.jpeg

Reply to Topps tile ufh and hardiebacker in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have a customer who lives in a 200 year old property. The lounge floor he wants tiled which is very thick concrete. He wants electric underfloor heating but I'm concerned he'll lose too much...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to achieve a low floor build up including wet UFH over a new suspended timber floor in our barn conversion. The area is large, 21m x 8m. Having spoken to various UFH suppliers I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays