Search the forum,

Discuss Time to lay anti fracture mat in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

RicoBarry

Thanks for getting back to me.
House being renovated, UFH and screed on top, followed by self levelling compound and the anti fracture mat. 5 x £*** to lay the mat alone! Is the bill that’s come in.
£*** for 2 x 3 hours to lay the self levelling compound.

image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
R

RicoBarry

Did you have a written quotation agreed before they started? If not, it sounds like you need a clear and honest discussion before they carry on - for the sakes of everyone involved.
I can't comment on prices in the open forum, but it does look like they've made a good job of the prep, which usually bodes well for the end result.
Written quote for laying tiles bu

O

One Day

Without knowing exactly what was done, it's not fair to say a definite no. But assuming it was straightforward, I'd expect to install that amount of mat, on my own, in two days max.

But we've all turned up to jobs where everything needs moving, other trades leave muck all over the floor, water wasn't available, etc etc...

What are they saying to justify 5 days?

D

Dumbo

Maybe im slow compared to
Without knowing exactly what was done, it's not fair to say a definite no. But assuming it was straightforward, I'd expect to install that amount of mat, on my own, in two days max.

But we've all turned up to jobs where everything needs moving, other trades leave muck all over the floor, water wasn't available, etc etc...

What are they saying to justify 5 days?
I would allow 2 days I work on about 5metres an hour for matting although not had much experience with tilemaster .

Reply to Time to lay anti fracture mat in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm planning to tile my kitchen floor with 8mm porcelain floor tiles (660x440mm). My kitchen floor is...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays