Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling onto green chipboard in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I am tiling a bathroom floor of 3.3 sq meters. There is currently 22mm green chipboard down which is very solid and covers 95% of the area then it meets some floorboards.

I am planning to over board using 6mm Hardie backer boards bedded into a small bed of S2 flexible powered adhesive then screwed down. Then go over it again with S2 adhesive to lay my 600mm x 600mm porcelain tiles.

As the chipboard is moisture resistant (green) do I need to prime the chipboard before putting the S2 adhesive down that I will bed the hardie backer board onto.

Many thanks

Reply to Tiling onto green chipboard in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. Over the years I've used the good advice that I've read on this forum but with my current project I am a bit stumped. I am renovating an ensuite, it's...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm planning to tile my kitchen floor with 8mm porcelain floor tiles (660x440mm). My kitchen floor is...
Replies
Views

Advertisement