Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling on sand and cement in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Hi all,
I’m going to be Tiling a large floor and two small bathrooms.
Floor substrate is sand cement screed/ wall is sand cement render.
I can’t get primer here at all( I could get something like previously but not anymore).
I got told previously on here that sand/ cement doesn’t need priming.
So do I just brush/ vacuum etc then tile?
Or do I have to dampen the substrate first ( after cleaning) then tile?

Reply to Tiling on sand and cement in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
Hello I plan to tile our bathroom with 60x60 cm tiles (8 mm thick) and the shower (because of the slope from all sides) will be done with mosaic tiles (5x5 cm). After researching I came to the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm planning to tile my kitchen floor with 8mm porcelain floor tiles (660x440mm). My kitchen floor is...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays