Search the forum,

Discuss thick tiles to hide kitchen gaps in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

randytrouserman

Ey up all,

I'm looking to find a range of tiles that I can use as a surround/splashback to go round a badly fitted work surface in my kitchen. I'm thinking it could be one tile high, all the way round.

Some of the gaps between the work surfaces and the walls are 15mm (it's a inherited kitchen). Ideally the tiles wouldn't be any larger than 110x110mm hxw. Oh, and glass if possible!

Does anyone know of a manufacturer that offers such a tile?

All help appreciated.

Many thanks

rt

R

randytrouserman

thanks turkish,

I'm hoping to get away with a run of single height tiles right the way round the kitchen - I don't want to tile all the wall between work surface and head height cabinets if I can help it. There's plenty of boxed in pipes to go round!

Would mean a having to re-plaster between the top of my new tiles and the bottom of the head height cabinets if i'm not careful.

cheers

rt

D

Deleted member 1779

What about a granite splashback in long lengths?

granitemaster.jpg

Reply to thick tiles to hide kitchen gaps in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The homeowner of the property I'm working on has just come to me and asked if anything can be done about...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.