Search the forum,

Discuss Tanking shower area on new plasterboard and skim in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

Hi, trying to find my way around this question. We had a new bathroom built, it was plasterboarded and skimmed in September. We're now ready to install the bathroom suite and tile. I understand that I should drank the area around the shower/bath before tiling. Can I apply the liquid waterproof membrane directly onto the new skim or does it need priming? In hindsight, it would have probably been better to use cement board in the bathroom and not to skim the shower area, but it's done now.. Also, can I apply the waterproof membrane to the chipboard floor to make it watertight underneath the floor tiles?

Reply to Tanking shower area on new plasterboard and skim in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays