Search the forum,

Discuss Started a floor job this morning and....... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
I started the job this morning where in a few days i'll be laying the Vitra dotti's i mentioned in another post.

When i was first called up about it the scope was to tile the floor of the "playroom" after the studwall is taken down that seperates it from the kitchen.
When i was round to price the job i looked at the current floor and mentioned to the customer that the current tiles sounded very hollow and rattley. Anyway, i gave them 2 prices, one to tile the playroom and some how join to the current floor tiling, and after discussions they agreed to see a quote to supply and fit a tile throughout.

They went for the second, and i started to lift the tiles this morning.

SAM_2754.JPG SAM_2762.JPG SAM_2765.JPG SAM_2769.JPG SAM_2774.JPG SAM_2776.JPG SAM_2777.JPG

This floor has been down 4 years, the only thing holding this floor together was the grout, and i'm pretty sure the guy who laid it added PVA to the grout, but i can't be certain. The adhesive has been poorly mixed, it was dry and brittle, and certainly no primer has visited this floor either.

Reply to Started a floor job this morning and....... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.